I’m Christine LuBean, an aspiring young adult author and a real-life word nerd. I’ve been crafting stories since I can remember, and when I discovered Harry Potter at the age of ten, my dream of being an author began. Ever since then, I’ve been honing my craft and exploring the world of words! I have a B.A. in English with an emphasis in creative writing.
When I’m not spending my time reading, writing, or thinking about reading and writing, I’m playing video games such as Stardew Valley and Pokémon or doing one of my many mediums of art (stained glass, watercolor, acrylic, oil, pen and ink, charcoal). I also occasionally knit and crochet when I’m in the mood.
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m an advocate for mental illness, having suffered with major depression, general/social anxiety, and panic disorder for over 15 years. More recently I was diagnosed with PTSD and Adult ADD. Currently, I’m the secretary for the Utah County National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI). Rather than letting my illnesses get me down, I find support in my family and friends as well as looking for strength within me.
- At 23 I was diagnosed with Crohn’s Disease, but I’m doing really well right now! I’m also an advocate for invisible illnesses such as Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- I was homeschooled from 1st grade until 12th, making me a homeschool graduate.
- I’m a decent pianist, having played since I was 8-years-old.
- I have a cute pomeranian named Ella who I take a ton of pictures of, so you’ll probably get to know her pretty well as I shamelessly post them on my social media.